Lips that make you blush™
Lip Blushing Procedure
For Clients in Fayetteville, Syracuse, NY & the Surrounding Areas
Add color and get fuller, more symmetrical looking lips with lip blushing. With lip blushing, you won’t have to spend time each morning applying fresh makeup.
Improve your appearance and your confidence with lip blushing from Definitive Beauty. Based in Fayetteville, NY, we welcome clients across the Syracuse, NY area to contact us or book an appointment online today!
"She explained the procedure very thoroughly and frequently asked how I was doing during lip blushing. I love my lips and cannot wait to return for my touch-up! I’ve had so many compliments on them!"
Our Lip Blushing Services
Lip Blushing is a great way to enhance the lips you already have, give the illusion of fullness, fix symmetry issues, bring color back where lips have lost pigmentation and it also can pair with lip filler. We can keep the lips looking natural and subtle or give more of a lipstick effect depending on what you're looking for as a client.
Angela - $650
Sam - $550
All appointments require a $100.00 non-refundable booking fee, and pricing is split up between the booking fee, initial session, and 6-8 week touch-up.
6-8 Week Lip Blushing Touch-Up
The Touch-Up session is a follow-up to your Lip Blushing service. This session is essential to add or refresh any areas that healed too lightly, ensuring your new lips will last looking even and full. Touch-Ups must be booked between your 6-8 week mark and are only reserved for current Definitive Beauty clients.
Periodic Lip Blushing Touch-Up
The Periodic Touch-Up session is necessary every 1 to 3 years to freshen up your lips by adding to faded pigment and enhancing shape. This lip blushing service is reserved for those who have previously had full appointments with Definitive Beauty.
Angela & Samanta
Lips big or small, we blush them all.
Before You Arrive to Your Lip Blushing Appointment
- No caffeine; you may have it after your appointment.
- No aspirin or ibuprofen.
- You may wear your regular makeup to the appointment or no makeup; your preference!
- No alcohol.
- No blood-thinning medication.
- Do not wax or thread your lip area.
- Exfoliate your lips with an at-home or store-bought lip scrub.
- Hydrate your lips with A&D ointment, aquaphor, coconut oil, or vaseline every morning and night.
- Stop using lipsticks and chapsticks, as they contain drying ingredients.
- Do not tan and avoid exposure to the sun; no dry lips!
- If you suffer from cold sores (even just once in your life) you must obtain an antiviral medication (Valtrex) from your physician. You don’t have to go in to see your MD, just call and state you’re having a cosmetic lip tattoo done. You will take this 2-3 days prior, and 3-5 days after your appointment. An outbreak can damage your lip blushing results. Lip Blushing does not cause cold sores; however, the lip tissue being tattooed can potentially cause an outbreak if the virus already lives dormant in your body. You can still have lip blushing done! We just want to ensure that you get the best results possible. Consult with your physician for any additional questions. If you know for sure you are not someone who gets cold sores, you can skip this step and count yourself as lucky!
- No exfoliating facial treatments or peels.
- No Botox injections.
- No use of anti-aging or acne products (which include retinol, retinoic acid, vitamin C, hydroxy acids, niacinamide, etc.) on or near the lips.
- No use of medical-grade skin resurfacing products on or near the brows.
- No laser skin treatments on or near the lips.
- All lip fillers are done 3 weeks prior to Lip Blushing or 3 weeks after.
Lip Blushing Aftercare Instructions
You will receive all of the aftercare products and instructions to care for your new lips at your appointment!
- Avoid getting the lip area wet. When taking a shower or brushing your teeth you will apply the balm given to you to act as a barrier.
- No using exfoliants or chemical peels on the lip area (retin-A, glycolic/alpha-hydroxy acids, exfoliating scrubs, etc.) until lips are completely healed.
- No steam rooms, saunas, long steamy showers, hot tubs, or swimming.
- No cleansers, creams, or makeup in or around the lip area.
- Avoid sleeping on your face as much as possible, especially the first two nights.
- Never pick, peel, or scratch the lip area. Picking and scratching may cause scarring and/or removal of the pigment.
- Minimize exposure to direct sunlight.
- Avoid sweaty workouts for the first 5-7 days. Any perspiration within the first 7 days of the healing process could result in loss of pigment.
- Do not wax or thread the area for at least 7 days.
- Avoid dusty environments or any task where your lip area could be exposed to excessive dust, dirt, or dander.
- Days 1 – 3: Lips may be tender and feel tight. Your lips will look more vibrant on days 1-2 and begin to slowly fade.
- Days 3 – 7: The lip area may begin to flake and fade. The flakes almost look like dandruff or dry skin; it is important that you do not pick, peel, scratch, or touch the lip area. Some clients don’t get any flaking; it depends on how well you follow the aftercare and your skin type. The pigment is also going to start to appear lighter as if it is fading too much, but this is completely normal.
- Days 10 – 21: The pigment will start to look like it has completely disappeared and within 21 days your skin will rejuvenate the healed pigment back out and prepare you for your 6-8 week touch-up.
- To retain the color of your new lips, you should always apply SPF to the area when exposed to the sun. Direct sunlight can cause pigment to fade prematurely.
- Avoid the use of exfoliants or chemical peels on the lip area (retin-A, glycolic/alpha-hydroxy acids, exfoliating scrubs, etc.).
- If you follow these instructions carefully you should expect to see beautiful, polished results that you will love for the next 1 to 3 years!
Frequently Asked Questions About Lip Blushing
A consultation is only required if you have had services from another artist or business. Your consultation may be held by phone, or we can schedule a time for you to meet in person with one of our artists.
For those new to permanent makeup, we offer over-the-phone consultations where we can answer any questions that you may have! We do not need to see you in person prior to your full session.
Clients overall have expressed pain is a 4/10 only for what we call the “first pass” and then 3/10 afterwards. We get you numb with a lidocaine numbing cream prior to the procedure, and during the process apply a secondary numbing as well. Most clients take this time to relax.
Results will always vary from person to person; after your initial session and the 6-8 week touch up, your results should last between 2-3 years. Additional touch-ups may be required depending on the person and look desired. Permanent makeup ink is not the same as body art ink, and by design it does not last as long as body art ink.
Color choice is selected together, both artist and client. Bringing in photos of styles you like or even a favorite lipstick is great as we can get an idea of what you are aiming for. The color that is tattooed is not what your final result will be. With your trust, we can get you to your goals and help you decide what will be best for you when it comes to this treatment.
Yes, if you have a night out and want to have a bolder look you can add lipstick or lipgloss over your lip blush! The lip blush won’t show through and the products will not affect your lip blush once you’re healed.
Medical grade topical anesthetic cream is used before and during your lip blushing procedure to ensure as pain-free a process as possible. On the day of your lip blushing procedure, your lips will look more like lipstick afterward. This will soften as your lips heal, developing to a more subtle, natural looking lip tint.
After your first session and touch-up, results last for 2–3 years for most people. Additional touch-ups may be required depending on the look you want.
Lip Blushing Benefits
Lip Blushing is a great way to enhance your natural lips.
Lip Blush is a cosmetic tattoo that can be used to balance symmetry, increase the appearance of the lip size, camouflage scars on the lip tissue, change the color of the lips, and create a more youthful lip appearance. Lip Blush can be a subtle, natural-looking enhancement or more defined to achieve a lipstick-like look. This service includes consultation, facial mapping, Lip Blush process, and aftercare.
"Had lip blushing done and Angela is amazing! 10/10 would recommend to anyone considering permanent make-up."
Gloss & Go With Lip Blushing
All lip blushing consults are complimentary and can be done in person or over the phone. Pricing includes initial appointment AND 6-8 week touch-up appointment for all permanent makeup services.
Feel free to bring in your own gloss or lipstick to show us what you like!